Books on music gear, artists and makers
BJOOKS is the boutique publishing company started and run by author, designer, and musician Kim Bjørn after the success of his first international book, PUSH TURN MOVE in 2017.
Following his passion for design, music, technology, and people, Kim created PATCH & TWEAK in 2018 with Chris Meyer, and this book soon got the label "bible of modular synthesis."
The foreword is written by Suzanne Ciani. In 2019 is "PEDAL CRUSH - Stompbox effects for creative music making" a 376-page tome which Kim created together with Scott Harper, known from his Knobs_demos YouTube channel, and with a foreword by Steve Vai.
The mission of BJOOKS is to create even more exciting titles about music technology, artists, and makers to document, inspire, and explore the world of music creation.
NEW book for fans of Moog and modular synths
"PATCH & TWEAK with Moog" is the ultimate resource for Moog synthesizer enthusiasts and musicians of all skill levels interested in an immersive modular synthesis experience.
Opening with a foreword from acclaimed film score composer Hans Zimmer, this hardcover book by Kim Bjørn features 200 pages full of synthesizer techniques, creative patch ideas, sound design tips, professional artist interviews, in-depth discussions with Moog engineers, and a glimpse into the company's remarkable history. The book's primary focus is Moog's well-loved line of semi-modular analog synthesizers: Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, and Matriarch.
PATCH & TWEAK with Moog Features:
- 100+ patch and sound design tips
- 30+ interviews with artists and makers
- 50+ years beautifully visualized timeline of Moog instruments
- Introduction to modular synthesis concepts
- Specific overviews, tips, and techniques for each Moog semi-modular instrument
- Advanced tips and patches for more advanced modular users
- Tips for integration with external gear and Eurorack modules
- Interviews, patches, and tips from artists and composers
- Insider interviews with Moog engineers and a look into the company's factory in Asheville, North Carolina
- The history of Bob Moog, Moog Music, and the many Moog synthesizers
- Big, colorful, and square: 200 pages, hardcover